The CAD Operator will report to the CAD Manager.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the innovative drawing and modelling CAD team at Cadarn. A CAD Operator is required to support the teams’ strengths and construct infrastructure, structural and architectural models for collaboration with the multi-disciplinary teams of Cadarn. The role is expected to deliver and drive the very high standard of dealing, draughting, and modelling provided by Cadarn.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The main responsibilities and duties of this role are listed as follows:
- Produce precise, high-quality well-presented fully attributed BIM models, 2D and 3D details and CAD drafted drawings and models.
- Produce detailed drawings for a variety of construction requirements, including but not limited to:-
- Highway geometry and setting out.
- Drainage layout, long-sections, and construction details.
- SAB specific details.
- Ground modelling and flood routing.
- Vehicle tracking.
- Full architectural design packs for single dwellings and small to large complex housing developments.
- Building regulations complaints layout and detail drawings.
- Reinforced concrete general arrangements and schedule structural steelwork detailing.
- Produce detailed specifications to accompany detailed construction drawings.
- Manage junior members of the team.
- Prepare technical drawings to satisfy the requirements of statutory bodies including, but not limited to, highways, sewerage undertaken, NRW / EA, etc.
Listed below are the qualifications and experience considered desirable to undertake the role. Proven experience and professional recognitions may be prioritized over academic qualifications:
- Should be educated to minimum HNC level in a Built Environment or similar qualification within the disciplines of construction, engineering, or architecture.
- Be a professional member of or working towards professional membership of an accredited construction related institution such as CIOB, RICS, ICE, CIAT, RIBA, or IStructE.
- Minimum level 3 sitting guilds or equivalent qualification in CAD draughting.
- Formal or informal training qualifications in any of the following considered advantageous:
- Health and safety.
- Auto CAD / AEC
- Project management / leadership
- Good understanding of the planning process and requirements for specific development types.
- Good understanding of building regulations requirements.
- Excellent detailing skills are essential.
- Good understanding of engineering principles.
- Must have a proven track record of producing full construction issue drawing packages including excellent detailing skills.
- Good understanding of current modern methods of construction as well as innovative and ground-breaking material developments.
- A good understanding or appreciation of DQR, secure by design and / or lifetime home requirements.
- Experience / knowledge of working with and detailing historic buildings and structures to SPAB, CADW, English heritage, and historic England requirements.
Cadarn employs a very close nit professional and diverse team each with individual skills and attributes which contribute to the delivery as a company. The key personal characteristics sought are listed as follows:
- Attention to detail essential. It is all in the detail.
- Team member is an essential part but with the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- A desire to improve as an individual through continuous learning and the teaching of others.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, continually changing environment to realistic but tight deadlines.
The following attributes are also considered essential:
- Full driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of the following software packages:
- Auto CAD / Bricsys
- Auto desk AEC Collection
- Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- PDF editing software.
Experience in the proficient use of the following is considered advantageous:
- PDS Line, Sign, Drive
- Site 3D
- Civils’ 3D
- CADS RC
Salary and Remuneration:
Salary Range - £20,000.00 - £45,000.00
Cadarn ensures it reimburses staff at or above the going market rate and values it is staff as its most asset. Salary for the role is negotiable and dependable upon experience and qualifications. Other incentives available by Cadarn may include pension, flexible working, health insurance, company vehicle and personal communication devices as well as the opportunity to continue with professional or institutional qualification.