The Project Manager will report to the Managing Director and Operational Manager.
As a successful Engineering Consultancy, Cadarn offer Project Management and Procurement as a core service to our clients across varying sectors. The role of Project Manager, as part of the overall company management structure, delivers the high level of customer focused service many clients have come accustomed to. This role will focus on the delivery of structural design and building services to our most valued clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities and duties of this role are listed as follows:
- To lead the service delivery of specific services offered by Cadarn.
- Develop and maintain Cadarn’s delivery of specific services, quality principles, procedures, and systems.
- To play a key role in the company management team and contribute effectively to the daily management and development of the company.
- Maintain relationships with clients and develop new and existing relationships to enhance an already growing client base.
- Manage junior members of the team, likely to consist of Graduate and Apprentice Engineers and admin assistants and ensure continuous knowledge transfer throughout the team.
- Create, maintain, and develop individual works programme’s as well as the office workload programme.
- Provide professional advice to clients and prospective clients in the various services offered, available and best suited to their projects.
- Where necessary prepare and present internal CPD session on related topics and if required to small groups of clients also.
- Responsibility for the delivery of specific services including all client interfaces, undertaking works, review of works against QMS, issue and administration of the works.
- Assist and manage compliance with CDM 2015 in the preparation of pre-construction health and safety information, Hazard identification drawings, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
Listed below are the qualifications and experience considered desirable to undertake the role. Proven experience and professional recognitions may be prioritized over academic qualifications:
- Should be educated to degree level in a Construction related discipline, preferably Civil Engineering but not essential or alternatively hold a professionally recognised qualification in a construction related discipline as listed below.
- Be a professional member of or working towards professional membership of an accredited construction related institution such as CIOB, RICS, ICE or IStructE.
- A professional Project Management qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of building construction, the Building Regulations and domestic building projects is essential.
- Experience of managing projects and teams in the construction industry.
- Experience of engineering conceptual design and understanding of engineering principles is essential.
- Firm understanding of the requirements of CDM 2015 and various roles including Designer and Principal Designer.
Cadarn employs a very close nit professional and diverse team each with individual skills which contribute to the delivery as a company. The key personal characteristics sought as listed as follows:
- Team member is an essential part, recognising the strengths and weaknesses within the team and being able to supplement where necessary.
- Attention to detail essential. It is all in the detail.
- A desire to improve as an individual through continuous learning and through the teaching of others.
- The role involves significant interaction with clients and members of the public as well as other design team professionals, the person should be very personable and approachable and be professional at all times.
The following attributes are also considered essential:
- Full driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Project.
- Experience of using CAD based software.
Salary and Renumeration
Salary Range - £30,000.00 - £50,000.00
Cadarn ensures it reimburses staff at or above the going market rate and values it is staff as its most valuable asset. Salary for the role is negotiable and dependable upon experience and qualifications and may become an item for discussion at a later date as a profit-sharing option, however a range is given below for indication. Other incentives available by Cadarn may include Pension, flexible working, health insurance, company vehicle and personal communication devices as well as the opportunity to continue with professional or institutional qualification.