A Graduate Civil Engineer forms a vital role as part of the team here at Cadarn. As part of this role, you will be involved in:
- Conceptual through to the detailed design of all types of civil and structural engineering including,
- Bridge design
- Surface water drainage / SAB design
- Foul drainage network design
- Major infrastructure design
- Domestic design calculations
- Industrial building design
- Commercial building design
- Foundation and pile design
- Retaining wall design
- Flood modelling
- Contract management
- Assisting with the drawing output for completed conceptual or detailed design.
- Attending sites to undertake physical and intrusive investigations including ground investigations, building surveys, and structure surveys.
- Interact with CADARN’s client base in undertaking these works and gain recognition as part of a dynamic team.
- Assist in the development of junior staff members and engineering apprentice in setting and monitoring goals and objectives as well as managing workload.
Why the challenge?
CADARN was awarded the ‘Innovation in Engineering’ award in the Wales STEM Awards 2020 due to our method of approaching and solving engineering situations.
As part of this dynamic team, you will:
- Be encouraged to think outside the box.
- Challenge the conventional.
- Apply engineering experience to a situation to develop leading-edge solutions for all valued clients.
- Receive recognition for your innovation on individual projects and have an association with those projects.
- Be proud of your and your team’s achievements.
How will we support you?
- In house CPD events are given by experienced members of staff to share the wealth of knowledge.
- CADARN has an approved ICE company training scheme to support and guide you through your professional development journey to chartership.
- Support between team members is encouraged so that the entire team succeeds.
- CADARN values an individual’s development and encourages training at every opportunity both in house and from external sources such as the ICE and IStructE.
- Subscription fees to professional bodies are paid for.
- We give you the time and skills needed to become the best.
Ideally, the candidate should:
- Have a desire to future their knowledge in Civil Engineering and want to make a difference.
- Have a minimum HNC / HND in Civil Engineering.
- Be a great team player that can work individually if required.
- Wants to progress their carer and professional development.
- Wants to be hands-on, gaining invaluable technical expertise, and contributing to the development of others.
Here at CADARN we strive to be at the forefront of technology ensuring technological advancements benefit our thirst for innovation as well as our client's needs. We currently operate the following packages:
- Auto CAD Civil 3D
- PDS (Causeway)
- Causeway Flow
- Site 3D
- Innovative GIS and Point cloud technology
In return for your employment at CADARN, you will receive.
- A competitive and local market-leading salary.
- Minimum 25days annual leave as well as bank holidays.
- A desirable pension schedule.
- Multiple teams building extra-curricular activities annually.
- Private health care complete cover.
- The potential to work remotely.
- Support both in work and throughout professional development.
- The opportunity to actually make a difference.
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm. 37.5hrs per week.
Range of £20,000 – £30,000, depending on experience.Read More